About Me

My photo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
My daily goings on, reviews, rants etc!

Wednesday 10 March 2010

#5: Placebo Live @ Nagoya Club Quattro

Last night (9th March 2010) Placebo played live at Nagoya Club Quattro. It was my third time seeing them (first being Wembley Arena in 2004 & second Birmingham Carling Academy in 2006) but I have to say it was probably the most enjoyable and entertaining. This was mainly because of the intimate venue... it was very strange actually. We were on the 8th floor of a department store, in a club which only fits 500 people. The gig wasn't sold out either. My friend who purchased his ticket the day before was ticket #320ish. I don't think there was many more people than that there at all. It felt so surreal to see such an amazing band in such a teeny place.

The concert was due to start at 7pm... so of course in true Japan style it started at 7pm on the dot. The set was just short of 2 hours. According to http://asm.jugem.cc/, this is the set list from Tokyo and I'm pretty sure that Nagoya was identical.

For What It's Worth
Ashtray Heart
Battle For The Sun
Soulmates
Speak In Tongues
Cops
Every You
Special Needs
Breathe Underwater
Julien
Neverending Why
Come Undone
Devil In The Details
Meds
Song To Say Goodbye
Special K
Bitter End
--------
Bright Light
Trigger Happy
Infra-red
Taste In Men

All the way through a lot of girls were shouting "Brian!" He seemed amused by this, and at one point started to introduce the other members of the band by saying "do you know this guy here?" audience: "here!" aww.

It was great to hear the new drummer in action. He has a slightly different style I think, harder/bassier and a lot of dance beats. I love it. So a lot of the older songs, like Every Me & Every You were played differently, as well as the fantastic new material.

So overall, definitely really enjoyed it and hope they come again before I go back to the UK :D thanks Placebo for an awesome show as always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment