About Me

My photo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
My daily goings on, reviews, rants etc!

Sunday 17 January 2010

#4: Happy New Year

Happy 2010! I haven't updated here for absoloutely ages. I'll be honest... my first semester being here hasn't been all that exciting on a day to day basis. It's been mostly about adjusting to my surroundings and trying hard to improve my Japanese at Uni. Nevertheless, it's been fun. I've met a lot of nice people, and seen a lot of interesting things here in Nagoya.

Japan related news aside, I went home to England for Christmas and well.... I am now an engaged lady! My boyfriend of nearly 3 years proposed to me in the city of Chester, Cheshire. We went shopping for a ring together the next day and this was our choice. I love it to bits, we both thought it was gorgeous the second we saw it in the shop window. We went for some lunch then came back to purchase. The guy was really professional and lovely, and the ring fit perfectly. Once we had purchased it, Mike placed the ring onto my finger and we walked outside into the lovely little arcade. As we walked down the steps and out into the street, a busking violinist started to play 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' by The Beatles, so we stood there watching for a while. It was so lovely and romantic, I will treasure those moments forever and I'm so happy to be engaged to such a wonderful man. So TAKE THAT anyone who says long distance relationships don't work! For us, it only made us stronger.

So my wonderful fiance is coming to join me here at the end of the month when my spring break begins. He will stay for 3 months and during that time we hope to go to Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Gifu (Ryokan) and Okinawa. So stay tuned for more posts in what I hope is going to be a wonderful start to the year!

2 comments:

Kawaii Five-O said...

awww the ring is beautiful :) congratulations (again) to the both of you!

Will definitely need some of your tips on long distance, I think me and Tom are going to try it when I come out in the Spring! xXx

Peachypops said...

how adorable!
congratulations hun :D
xo

Post a Comment