About Me

My photo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
My daily goings on, reviews, rants etc!

Tuesday 1 September 2009

#1: Eleven days to go!

Around a week and a half now until I leave for Nagoya! I am excited, but also feeling quite nervous. I've been studying Japanese for three years but I've heard people in the same situation as me say that once they arrived, it felt as though a whole different language was being spoken. I'm also quite sad about having to say goodbye to my family, friends and boyfriend Mike (of 2.5 years) but it's only 3 months till I will be back at Christmas. So I'm sure it's all going to be fine.

I've started my packing but I have a feeling I'm going to run out of space very soon. I have too many clothes that I wanted to take. So I'm trying to devise a 'capsule wardrobe' right now. I wish Gok Wan could come help me.

I'm finally going to Japan after being obsessed with the place for years & years! I will post again when I'm on the other side of the world :)

2 comments:

TheMike said...

i love your fish! x x x

Carrie said...

Don't worry, it all looks just scarry, but it will be all fine, and we will have great fun all the year through. there is this japanese saying 七顛八起 (しちてんはっき)no matter how many times you fall you will always get up. So, it might be like this so many times that you cannot understand what all those people around are speaking to you, but then just say to yourself, "hey, hold on i can understand it" ask them to repeat and you will be shocked you actually do understand (I have 4 yrs experiance with that in here, so it really works).
But, it is indeed hard to seperate with so many people and so many things, it took me so much time to decide what to take with me and what to leave behind...
xxx
Karolina

Post a Comment