About Me

My photo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
My daily goings on, reviews, rants etc!

Monday 14 September 2009

#2: よこそう

So after all the months of planning and hard work, I am finally in Japan! My flights were fine, I had no problems and managed to get enough sleep for my body clock to adjust to Japan time.

When I first saw my empty room, my initial thoughts were 'oh god, why have I come halfway accross the world by myself, away from the people I love most?' but once I got unpacked and decorated my room with photos and cards I felt a little better. The girls that live here are all very nice and welcoming too. I love the street that we live on. It's just like I expected it to be.

I have also been to the supermarket. I had no idea what most things were :( except Tuna onigiri. I should have bought more than one though I guess as I'm hungry now! Tomorrow we are having a tour of the area and also going to apply for our "alien registration cards". So hopefully someone can help me out with the food shopping too and I'll start to feel more settled.

I will also post soon with photos of my room! All I'll say for now is that it's very Japanese, with an entrance hall for me to take my shoes off, and a low dining table.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad you had a nice journey there and good luck with your nagoya live! I am flying on Thursday, littlebit nervous...

TheMike said...

grr i keep trying to comment but it isnt working... i got my lauren RSS feeds set up now for when you post! im glad you got there ok, hope you're getting a good nights sleep x x x

Anonymous said...

Aw well..you can just live on the Tuna onigiri surely? XD

Anonymous said...

That must be so exciting but scary at the same time! Glad you got there ok.

Don't be surprised if in the next few days you get *really* homesick; it will pass. I speak from experience here - between fourth and fifth year of uni we do an elective placement, and I went to Australia to stay in the coutryside with my auntie while my boyfriend went alone to Hong Kong. We'd just finished the trauma of finals and weren't in a good place mentally (which I suppose is one advantage you have over us, not starting from a low point!) and the first week or so was a total emotional rollercoaster, especially for him in isolation in a totally different culture where he didn't speak the language. It does get better though :)

I'll stop with the unsolicited advice now.

ミス・イギリス said...

Is that Boarding House that you're living in? I wonder if they gave you my old room ;-p

Post a Comment